1. Hello! Ajia no Tengoku it ‘s pleased to meet you . Could you please introduce yourselves ?
Hi everyone ! I’m Kensuke , the leader of the band and I am playing guitar.
Also I’m designer of our fashion brand.
2. You’ve been performing at HYPER JAPAN Festival 2016 in UK. How was it ?
It was amazing!
We played for the second time in UK.
The people from UK do know us well .
They kept cheering for us and enjoyed our live show and our original fashion style .
3. Broken Doll was founded in 2006 . You also own a fashion brand with the same name . Please tell us more about how all started .
I was influenced by the brand fashion and music of 70s .I was influenced by Vivvienne and Sex Pistols. They mixed music and fashion and this way they actually created a new culture. Before , this kind of fusion of music and fashion wasn’t really a success. I think both of them had a great influence worldwide . I thought that I could create a similar movement like Vivvienne in fashion and Sex Pistols in music industry ,and like their manager Malcolm McLaren at the same time ,it could be awesome. Moreover, I thought that if I can do this ,maybe I can get farther than them. That is the main reason why I started founded the band and the brand at the same time.
My concept’s main point is the idea of bringing up a unique fashion which has never existed before.
5. Kensuke , in a interview you stated that you like Vivienne brand . What do you like about it ? Is there any accessory from your brand inspired by Vivvienne’s style?
I think without Sex Pistoles, Vivvienne wouldn’t have been this successful .So ,I have to say that I admire Vivvienne’s accessories that Sex Pistoles wore.
6.How do you create your accessories ? Is there any particular model ?
My accessories have no particular model. I just make them freely without any plan.
7. Could we expect to any upcoming CD release from Broken Doll ?
We have the 10th anniversary coming up the next year .So, we ‘re doing our best to make this new album possible.
As of now , the one European country we visited it was England. We would like to go to other European countries and visit U.S.A. too.
9. Please answer with “ Yes “ or “ No “ to the following words and explain why “ Yes “ or “ No “.
• Gucci Yes
• Dreams Yes
• Rebel. Yes
• Future. Yes
11. As designer how do you see the worldwide fashion industry ? With what do you agree and with what you do not agree ?
I love one off items. The one off items are handmade. Also ,I like super original styles.
So, I make them every time.
12. How many years have passed since you met Sachi , Yuu and Takaki for the first time ?
As I said , we ‘ve got our 10th anniversary next year.
I met Sachi 8 years ago in a small rock venue in Tokyo.
13. Who is in charge with the lyrics and musical arrangement ?
I write music and Sachi writes the lyrics .
14. How would you convince someone who never heard about the Harajuku style , that ‘s fashionable and it ‘s worthy to try it out ? Which accessories would you recommend ? How about outfits?
I think there is no rule for fashion. You should try out many styles !
Also trust your inspiration!
15. Guys , what ‘s your message for Ajia no Tengoku ‘s readers ?
Broken Doll is trying to create latest style ,which is an original fashion and band style .
We are looking forward to meet you someday!
Keep in contact with us on Facebook and Twitter.