1. Hey there ! It ‘s good to see you guys . Thank you for choosing Ajia no Tengoku once again. How are going the things for you ?
Very good . We ‘ve been taking a break . But from the next week we ‘ll re-start the rehearsals and we’ll work on some projects that involves the entire band . Lately , it ‘s been so hot and being honest I didn’t manage to do much . I miss the summer vacation I once spent in Sweden.
2. So, which are your plans as of now ? In your previous interview with us you expressed your wish of performing also in another countries . Could France be one of the locations by chance ?
I want to play my guitar everywhere . If an events organizer asks me , I go to any country to perform.As musician I ‘d feel happy.
At the moment we ‘re preparing to release a new CD both in Japan and Europe. We’re also looking for a keyboardist and another guitarist . Even though , it will be somehow difficult because they ‘ll have play my songs ,including my riffs … It will take some time , but I ‘ll be patient .
3. Not long ago after the MV “ Arde junto a mi “ was out , you released the MV “ Muestra tu bandera”. You don’t like to keep the fans waiting , do you ? What ‘s the main idea of ” Muestra tu bandera ”?
Yes , exactly. We don’t want to make them wait too much . As about the video , we wanted to show another side of In a SCAR ,but also to promote the new CD.
4. I noticed that the tune of “ Muestra tu bandera “ it ‘s heavier if you compare it with “ Arde junto a mi “ . Is it somehow a try of expressing your identity as band through this song ?
Though , this song is heavier than “ Arde junto a mi “ ,for me there ‘s no difference between it . Of course , it belongs to the heavy metal genre. You can notice it once you listen to the chorus .
Both have got something in common because they belong to the same style and are my songs. To my mind , in these melodies you can easily notice the freedom of speech.Maybe more than in the past .
5. Jun , this month you ‘ve been playing in some concerts by the side of Pedro Javier Cabrera in Barcelona. Was it a change for fun ? Does imply any project ?
I see Javier like a music teacher ,but also as an important person for me because I learned a lot of things from him concerning the life . He made me change my opinion about music .
He ‘s got that “ something special “ that I don’t have .For example …when comes about music , I prepare myself intensively for the rehearsals and concerts . I want everything to be perfect.
Yet , he ‘s not like this . Two minutes before the show , he changes the guitar’s chords and checks out if all it ‘s alright.
At first I was surprised , but later I got used to it . This summer things did go really good . We had three concerts in Barcelona.
6. How is it going with the recording of your upcoming album ?
The recording it ‘s over . I got in touch with a Japanes e music label . With some promotion everything will go just fine .I know the owner of the music label . He ‘s really good at his work .That ‘s why I contacted him.
7. Do you have in mind any bands you would like to collaborate with ?
Sure . In Spain there are no Jrock or Jmetal bands , so that ‘s why I want to perform by the side of my Japanese friends. There ‘s this band from Sweden , BatAAr that I ‘m also interested about .
8. Which was the lastest song you ‘ve been listening to ? what do you like about that artist/ band ?
ABBA. I listen ABBA every day because they ‘ve got good music . I listen to Takui Nakajima ‘music daily as well . I guess he ‘s not that known in Europe , but he ‘s a great musician . I recommend you his pieces.
Recently , I ‘ve been focusing especially on 妃阿甦-THE PIASS ‘s pieces because it helps me test my guitar skills . He’s been my teacher since 1998.
Many people said I ‘m a good guitarist ,but I don’t think so . Although , they insist and they keep on with their encourangements , saying I do play really well I know better than them it ‘s not like that . Listening to the way 妃阿甦-THE PIASS plays the guitar , I realize I have to improve a lot to become the best.
My teacher never told me I ‘m a good guitarist . Hope someday he ‘ll tell me this . haha
9. What brand is it the guitar you own at the moment , Junichi ? How about your first guitar ? What brands do you generally like ?
I like very much the ESP guitars .Itself are the perfection. At the moment I own an ESP model with 7 chords. Im not interested about another guitar models . My first guitar was a Gibson , but I don’t have it here . I left it in Japan . It has a great sound , but ESP is still the best .
10. Speaking about instruments , when did you start to play the guitar ?
When I was 12 years old . Everything started with the song of a Japanese music group called BOOWY. My friend ‘s brother used to make convers of their songs. That was the first incentive. From the moment I saw X JAPAN I began to play the guitar seriously. After school , I ‘d play the guitar every day until I fell asleep.
11. Do you like challenges ? If yes , why ?
Of course .It goes without saying that you can obtain something , but you can also lose .To try the impossible makes sense . However , it doesn’t end well everytime .
12. Any message for our readers ?
You already memorized the name of In a SCAR , right ? You can ‘t say no .haha Give me 5 minutes from your free time . Please take a look at our music videos . If you don’t like it , it’s alright .Still ,before to decide if you like it or not give us just 5 minutes please .
* Our thanks goes to Junichi and the band In a SCAR for the interview *